How can I help you?
I have extensive experience in working with adults with ADHD, particularly those who were diagnosed as adults or suspect a diagnosis might be appropriate but have never been formally diagnosed.
This can include helping you to:
- establish whether or not you have ADHD**.
- improve your organisational skills, motivation and focus
- find workable strategies to improve your procrastination, perfectionism and people pleasing
- help you understand and reduce the sense of anger / shame / not being good enough / imposter syndrome that so many late diagnosed adults live with
- stop relying on last minute panic to get things done
- avoid 'mini-burnouts' - those days when it's impossible to get anything done, despite your best intentions
- treat depression and anxiety with an ADHD lens (both are 5 - 7 times more likely in people with ADHD, treatment needs to consider the impact of ADHD to be most successful)
- help you build habits, stick with hobbies and reach goals
- learn more about the lesser known sides of ADHD such as rejection sensitivity, a painful intolerance of boredom, constantly overcommitting yourself, trouble making decisions (despite having researched ALL the options twice) etc., etc.
- access information and resources that might be useful
** The diagnostic process involves three meetings, a computer-based assessment and a written report and costs €450. Please note that I cannot provide ADHD medication